Varicose Vein Laser Therapy at Hedden Plastic Surgery
Free Leg Vein Screenings
We are now offering complimentary leg vein evaluations at our Birmingham-Hoover, Alabama cosmetic center as well as spa locations in Tuscaloosa and Auburn. Please contact us today to schedule your free leg vein screening appointment at the location most convenient to you.
"Dr. England, thank you so much for the incredible job you did on my EVLT. I really appreciate all your care and concern — making sure I received the best treatment possible. My legs look and feel great! Thank you again to you and your team." — Cecile
Innovative, Non-Surgical Varicose Vein Treatment
Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT) for Varicose Veins at Hedden Plastic Surgery in Birmingham, Alabama
Remember life before bulging, twisted varicose veins? You can have that freedom again with the EVLT procedure.
Tens of millions of people — up to 40% of women and 25% of men — suffer from varicose veins. Symptoms may include raised, dark blue or purple leg veins that cause burning, throbbing and swelling. Traditionally, painful surgery was the best treatment option. Now there's safe, fast and comfortable EVLT.
Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT®) is a minimally-invasive solution for people who are affected by troublesome varicose veins. Contact Hedden Plastic Surgery in Birmingham, Alabama today to find out more about today's No. 1 choice for eliminating varicose veins with a safe, comfortable procedure.
The EVLT Procedure
EVLT is a quick, minimally-invasive laser procedure that does not leave a scar and can be performed in our Hoover-area office in Greystone. The treatment takes less than 1 hour. Here's what to expect:
- Your doctor uses ultrasound to map out your vein
- Local anesthetic is applied
- A thin laser fiber is inserted through a tiny entry point, usually near the knee
- Laser energy is delivered to seal the faulty vein
- Walking immediately after the procedure is encouraged. Normal daily activity can be resumed (just avoid rigorous activities, such as gym workouts).
- There may be minor soreness and bruising. Any discomfort can be treated with over-the-counter, non-aspirin pain relievers as needed.